Baked stuffed lobster has got to be one of my favorite seafood dishes. My mom would always make this for special occasions and it was a great way to introduce out-of-town guests to some delicious New England food.
This dish is both impressive and easy to make. Only a handful of ingredients are needed: lobster, margarine, ritz crackers, and white wine. When shopping for this meal, we normally look for lobsters that are around 1 1/4 – 1 1/2 pounds each.
The first step is prepping the lobsters. Lay the lobster on its back and take a dish towel to hold down the big claws with one hand. With the other hand, take a large, sharp knife and cut into the top of the lobster. Continue cutting into the lobster through the center and down the tail. Clean out the inside completely, making sure to remove the vein that runs through the center of the shell.
Cut off the large claws and place them into boiling water for 15-20 minutes. Clean the meat out of the claw shells and set aside.
While the claws are boiling, place 1 1/2 sleeves of ritz crackers into a food processor and blend until finely crushed. Melt 1 stick of margarine. Assemble the stuffing by combining the ritz crackers, margarine, claw meat, and about 2 tablespoons of white wine. The stuffing should be a wet consistency; add more margarine if necessary.
Evenly distribute the stuffing into the lobsters, making sure to place the stuffing all the way down to the tail.
Bake the lobsters at 400 degrees for 25 minutes. Serve with melted butter.
Baked Stuffed Lobster
- 2 lobsters (approximately 1.5 pounds each)
- 1.5 sleeves ritz crackers, crushed
- 1 stick margarine, melted
- 2 TBSP white wine
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Cut the lobsters and clean out the insides, making sure to remove the vein. Cut off the claws and place in boiling water for 15-20 minutes. Remove the meat from the claws.
- While the claws are cooking, place 1 1/2 sleeves of ritz crackers into a food processor and pulse until finely crushed. Combine the ritz crackers, melted margarine, claw meat, and white wine. Add more margarine, if necessary, to create a wet consistency.
- Evenly distribute the stuffing into the lobsters. Bake at 400 degrees for 25 minutes. Serve with melted butter.